As a trustee of a pension scheme you hold a huge amount of personal responsibility, not least:
- the investment decisions you make and how they’ll directly affect the standard of living that each individual can enjoy at retirement
- the obligation to ensure your scheme operates within the strict (and ever-tightening) regulatory framework.
Trustees can be personally liable for the decisions they take so it’s important to get the right advice – something Courtiers works with many organisations to provide.
For years Courtiers has worked very closely alongside the trustee board of a large, family owned business to provide, through three of four trustee meetings a year:
- Guidance and advice on all aspects of the company’s pension scheme
- Regulatory and industry updates and detailed commentary on the performance of the company’s underlying investments and comments on the wider economic outlook
- Direct advice and support to scheme members, many of whom take advantage of the Courtiers Online Valuation service to view details of their individual policies.
Collaborating with an educated, clear-talking and hands-on organisation like Courtiers could be good for you and your business. While you may be out in the open at times as a trustee, we can ensure that tending to your responsibilities feels more like a walk in the park.