Treating Customers Fairly is a principle set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which we closely adhere to.
Our policy on Treating Customers Fairly is about being clear regarding the services we offer and the fees we levy. Specifically, this means that:
- Customers understand the risks inherent in the markets and securities in which they invest.
- Customers clearly understand the nature of the services we provide, including our terms, conditions and charges.
- Courtiers communicates in an open, transparent and easily understandable manner and has a clear understanding of Customers' investment objectives, investment experience, attitude to risk, financial standing and resources.
- Courtiers will not promise to provide services that cannot be delivered.
- Courtiers will be clear about the suitability of any recommendations, having taken account of customers' individual circumstances.
- Courtiers has an open and fair complaints procedure.
Outcomes of Treating Customers Fairly
Through Treating Customers Fairly, the FCA aims to deliver improved outcomes for retail consumers. The FCA's six consumer outcomes explain what the FCA wants Treating Customers Fairly to achieve for consumers:
- Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Outcome 4: Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
If you have any questions about our Treating Customers Fairly policy, please contact us.